This Rainbow Salad is the perfect way to get more veggies into your diet, and to start the Spring! This Rainbow Salad is all about aesthetics and texture. Food is so much more than just what we are actually eating. When we create beautiful foods that are pleasing to the eyes and to the palate, we are creating an experience of eating.
Pretty food tastes better. Different textures make it more interesting.
By choosing foods from every color of the rainbow, you maximize the number of different micronutrients you’re consuming. This is very important. Sometimes we can get stuck eating the same vegetables over and over again but it’s important to diversify what we’re eating to make sure we’re getting all the nutrients we need. Fruits and vegetables that are brightly colored are rich in antioxidants that protect us from damaging free radicals and thereby help prevent disease, among other things.
It's super easy to throw together. Fresh, versatile, and so beautiful. You are going to LOVE it!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 20 mins
- Time of Cooking: 10 mins
- Doses for: 4 people
- Cost: $$
- Cauliflower (two different colors)
- Cooked beet 2 cups
- Sweet pea 2 cups
- Cherry tomatoes 2 cups
- Radicchio 1
- Pine nuts ½ cup
- Tartuflanghe Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook cauliflower till “Al dente” condition about 10- 15 min.
- Blanch green peas in the boiling water for couple minutes
- Cook beets till its ready and soft, peel them and cut into chunks
- In the bowl, place arugula as a first layer and drizzle some Tartuflanghe truffle oil on top
- Cover it with cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- Next layer - assemble the beets
- Next layer - assemble cauliflower
- Season with salt and pepper
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and mix
- When serving, serve with pine nuts, fresh radicchio and shave some parmesan on top
- Don't forget to drizzle everything again with Tartuflanghe truffle oil