Gnocchi with Truffle Parmigiano sauce with mushrooms and crispy speck
This recipe is so easy and fast to prepare that can be perfect for those evening after a long day when you made no dinner plans. But this recipe is so delicious that can be served at any fancy dinner for the family or when you have guests over.
The sauce is so decadent, extravagant, and rich that can turn any gnocchi or pasta dish in the most amazing restaurant style dish.
We are also adding mushrooms: this is the best way to cook mushrooms and you can use this recipe for a pasta dish, a risotto or as a side dish.
When putting together a dish, it is always important to think about textures that’s why we are adding crispy speck. Speck is an Italian cured meat typical from the North of Italy, specifically from the region of Trentino Alto-Adige. It is made from the higher part of the pig’s leg. It’s cured with salt and herbs and then smoked.
You will be surprised on how easy this dish is to make compared to the amount of flavor you will be able to develop in a such a small amount of time.
Time of Preparation: 30 min
Time of Cooking: 25 min
Doses for: 4 people
½ jar Parmigiano Truffle sauce
500 grams gnocchi classic
1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, small diced
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sliced mushrooms to a skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they release their moisture and become golden brown.
3. Add minced garlic and shallots and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
4. Add butter to the skillet, allowing it to melt and coat the mushrooms.
5.Turn the heat on high and add the white wine. Add the parsley.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
8. Cut the speck in ¼ inch strips and place it in a small sauté pan. Turn the heat on medium and cook the speck until crispy.
9. In a separate pan, heat the Parmigiano truffle sauce over medium heat until warmed through.
10. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions (1 minute)
11. Toss the cooked gnocchi in the warmed Parmigiano truffle sauce until well coated.
12. Serve the gnocchi topped with the mushrooms and finish with crispy speck.