Speck and Cheese Rolls
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
• 9oz of Speck
• 4oz of Fontina
• 2 Tbsp of flour• 6 leaves of Sage
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tspn of Butter
• 1/4 cup of Milk
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the sifted flour and dilute with a quarter of warm milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon, then add the diced fontina cheese and let it melt completely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop 5 or 6 sage leaves, add them to the cheese mixture and let it rest.
- Lay the slices of speck on a cutting board, and spread a spoonful of cream cheese on each one.
- Roll up each slice and form rolls that you will close with a toothpick.
- Arrange the rolls in a baking dish previously oiled with extra virgin oil, and bake in oven at 400°F for 5 minutes.