Shrimp and cannellini beans soup
A healthy light soup loaded with flavor. With minimal prep and a quick cook time you can surprise your guests with a soup that feels elegant for such an easy weeknight meal or family lunch meal.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 15 min
- Time of Cooking: 30 min
- Doses for: 2 people
- 1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk Chopped
- 1 Small Carrot Chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil ( Biancolilla)
- 1 Tsp. Of Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley Chopped ( Save Some Leaves For Garnish )
- 1 Can ( 493 Grams ) White Cannellini Beans
- 2.5 Cups OF Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 10 Jumbo Shrimp Peeled & Deveined
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Crushed Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
- Heat up saucepan in medium heat
- Add 1 Cup of olive oil, onions, carrots, celery and cook until soft and golden for approx. 1 minute.
- Add the cannellini beans, salt and pepper and let it cook for approx. 2 minutes.
- At this point add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes and the fresh chopped parsley and let it cook for approx. 25 minutes.
- In the meantime heat up another saucepan add 1/3 olive oil, 1 garlic finely chopped 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper.
- Let the garlic blonde for 1 minute add the deveined shrimps, a splash of white wine and sauté for approx. 2 minutes until the wine is fully evaporated.
- Add the shrimps to the soup and cook for an extra 3 minutes all together served with toasted bread.