Parmigiano Cannoli with Mortadella Cream
Procedures: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 5 tbsp whipped cream
- 7 oz Parmigiano Reggiano 24 months DOP Sogno Toscano
- 7 oz Italian Mortadella “Sogno Toscano” with Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone
- 1 pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pistachios
For the mortadella cream:
- 200 g of top quality Bologna mortadella ST, in one piece
- 2 tablespoons of mascarpone
- 5 tablespoons of unsweetened whipped cream
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano 24 months
- Heat a small non-stick pan well; distribute a generous handful of Parmigiano, arranging it evenly, so that it covers the whole bottom and crush it with a slotted spoon or a scoop.
- Let it melt and brown; then turn it over with a spatula and cook it on this side as well.
- Remove the disc obtained from the pan, immediately wrap it around a cannoli mold or a cylindrical object, let it cool so that it hardens perfectly and remove it gently.
- Proceed in the same way with the remaining Parmigiano, until it runs out.
- Prepare the cream: blend the mortadella in the mixer, deprived of the hardest external part and cut into pieces with mascarpone and parmigiano until a creamy mixture is obtained. If necessary, pass it through a sieve.
- Then gently add the whipped cream and put the cream in the fridge.
- Transfer the mortadella cream to a pastry bag, gently stuff the parmesan cannoli, pepper them, add the sprinkled pistachios on the end of the cannolis and serve immediately.