Italian Hero Sandwich
Classic, iconic and legendary is the Italian Hero Sandwich. Transform your kitchen is the most authentic Italian deli.Semolina bread, crunchy on the outside, soft and oh-so-flavorful in the inside.This is my version of the best New York Italian sub:
Spicy arrabbiata pesto. Roasted bell peppers marinated in garlic and basil. Fresh arugula and thinly sliced red onion dressed with a luscious extra virgin olive oil from Liguria and a rich balsamic vinegar from Modena. Salame Toscano, Pecorino and the most delicious mortadella.
Add a glass of red wine and your life is complete.
Time of Preparation: 20 min
Time of Cooking: 6/8 min
Doses for: 2 people
1 Semolina bread hero
3oz Arrabbiata Pesto Sauce by Polli
4oz Olli salame toscano, thinly sliced
4oz Ferrarini Mortadella, thinly sliced
6oz Lo sfizio Pecorino di Montalcino, thinly sliced
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
5/6 Basil leaves, julienne
1/3 Cup red onions, thinly sliced
1 Cup of fresh arugula
1 Teaspoons Sogno di Liguria
1/2 Teaspoon 10 Year- Aged Balsamic Vinegar di Modena
Salt and pepper
1. Marinate the bell peppers with garlic and basil.
2. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the bread in the oven at 350F for 6/8 minutes to make the outside toasted and crunchy.
4. Take it out of the oven and cut in half lengthwise.
5. Spread the arrabbiata pesto sauce, then layer the arugula and red onion slices.
6. Season with salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic.
7. Add the bell peppers, then the salame, pecorino cheese and lastly lay the mortadella to act like a blanket to wrap everything together.
8. That’s it! Simple as that.