- Difficulty: Easy
- Time: 10 min of preparation, 15 min of cooking, + 2 hours for cooling
- Type of Cooking: Pan
- Doses for: 4 people
Ingredients for Spicy peaches
- 8 small ripe but firm peaches
- 150 g of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise stars
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Peel the peaches, if the skin does not come off easily dip them for half a minute in boiling water and immediately pass them in cold water.
- Pour half a liter of water into a small saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and pepper.
- Boil for a few minutes then add the peaches, cover and cook them very gently for 10 minutes.
- Pull them up with a slotted spoon and let the cooking liquid reduce on a low heat for half an hour, until it thickens.
- Pour this syrup over the peaches and put them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- You can accompany this simple dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.