Beans Soup on Bread
Prep time – 1 Hour and 25 minutes
Cooking time – 45 Minutes
Servings – 4
Difficulty – Easy
- 1 can Sogno Toscano Cannellini Beans
- 30 g Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 Slices rustic bread
- 2 Celery Stalks
- Peel and slice 2 onions. In a saucepan heat 1 Tbs Sogno Toscano 1923 EVOO, add half of the sliced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add 400 gr Sogno Toscano dry Cannellini beans, salt and pepper and brown everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Rough chop 1 peeled Carrot and 1 Celery stalk.
- Add 1 ltr of water, the chopped carrot and celery stick to the sautéed onion and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the remaining carrot, carefully remove the celery strands, wash and finely chop the two vegetables, then put them in another saucepan with the remaining onion, the remaining oil, salt, pepper and brown everything on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Peel the 2 tomatoes.
- Slice an X on the bottom of the tomato and blanch (place them in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and quickly submerge in ice water).
- Next, peel them and cut them into pieces.
- Add them to the sauté, then cook for 15 minutes. At this point mix the already cooked beans with the broth.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook another 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a food processor, Blender or bermixer until nice and creamy.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl, Sprinkle the grated Parmiggiano on the sliced bread, add let the bread sit in the soup for a couple of minutes to absorb the delicious flavors.