Beef Rib with anchovies
The completed dish was strange but strangely delicious. It felt both peasant-like and cosmopolitan, its ingredients unattached to any season. It’s neither hot or cool. It’s doesn’t feel like a starter nor a main course. And the pairing of beef and anchovies is foreign to most palates.
Time of Preparation: 35 mins
Time of Cooking: 12 mins
Doses for: 4 people
Cost : $/$$/$$$
- 1800 gr beef rib (scaramella)
- 60 gr Sogno Toscano anchovy fillet
- 40 gr sundried tomato
- 2 slices of durum wheat bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- q.s. Sogno di Liguria EVOO
- q.s. dried oregano
- q.s. salt
- q.s. pepper
- Heat a fluted cast iron plate, sprinkle it with a nice pinch of coarse salt and cook 2 steaks of 900 g each one minute per side
- Put 2 slices of chopped durum wheat bread in the mixer with 1 clove of garlic, 40 g of dried cherry tomatoes, a handful of parsley leaves and a pinch of oregano; reduce everything into crumbs.
- Crush 60gr of anchovies in a bowl until become a paste and spread the ribs, pepper them, then pass them in the aromatic mixture, pressing well to make it adhere perfectly. Transfer them to the plate lined with parchment paper, drizzle them with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the beef ribs with anchovies in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes. Serve immediately on the table, cut into slices.