Carnival ravioli b
- Difficulty: Average
- Time: 30 min of preparation, 20 min of cooking
- Type of Cooking: Frying
- Doses for: 6 people
Ingredients for Carnival ravioli
For the pasta:
- 250 g of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoonful of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 knob of butter
For the filling:
- 350 g of sheep's ricotta
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 yolk the grated zest of 1 untreated orange
- 1 clove
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Peanut oil for frying icing sugar.
- Pound the clove by reducing it to dust.
- Sift the flour on the pastry board and put the whole eggs, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, carnation powder and 50 g of water.
- Mix everything very well for about ten minutes then collect the ball dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Sift the ricotta and collect it in a bowl with the sugar, the yolk, the orange peel, the cinnamon, the pounded clove and mix well.
- Divide the dough into two or three pieces and roll it out making not too thin strips (penultimate notch of the machine).
- Place piles of stuffing at a distance of about 5 cm above them.
- After having slightly moistened it all around the filling, fold the pasta by pressing well with your fingers between a small pile.
- Cut the ravioli with the toothed wheel and, as soon as they are ready, lay them on a cloth.
- Fry them in abundant hot oil (170 °), two or three minutes on each side and drain them when they have browned.
- Pass them on a double sheet of kitchen paper and when they are lukewarm sprinkle with icing sugar.