Back to school recipe: Italian Pesto Pasta Salad
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time of Preparation: 20min
- Time of Cooking: 10-15 min
- Doses for: 4 people
- 8 oz (half bag) pasta, such as penne, fusilli or farfalle
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 jar (6oz) artichoke hearts, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4.4 oz) tuna ventresca, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved ( optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fattoria Toscano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and place into a cookie tray and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Allow it to cool completely.
2 In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms, tuna, sliced olives.
3. Add the pasta.
4. Add the pesto sauce to the bowl with the pasta and other ingredients.
5. Gently toss everything together until the pasta and ingredients are evenly coated with the pesto.
6. Add the grated Parmigiano.
To complete your lunch-box, you can add: